By Julia, Madeleine and Nils
All good things come to an end
What an amazing ride! We could not think of a better way to sum up this great summer – and ending our blogging careers – than to describe the different desks we’ve worked at with an animal. It makes sense, we promise – let’s go!
Welcome to the jungle
Investment Sales: Equity and Credit sales to private banking clients.
– Hummingbird: Quick and social with investment advice as beautiful as a bird’s singing.
Distribution: Foreign exchange sales for smaller business clients.
– Border Collie: Helpful, efficient and eager to guide customers safely onward through turbulent markets.
Derivatives: Interest rate derivative sales to corporate and institutional banking clients.
– Sea lion: Charming, super skilled beings with great collaboration skills.
FX Sales: Foreign exchange sales for larger corporate clients.
– Octopus: Fast paced, clever and capable of multi-tasking with many arms everywhere.
Macro Research: Top down, macro perspective research and analysis.
– Hawk: Helicopter perspective with a sharp eye for details and future outcomes – wishing for more hawkish central banks.
Risk Solutions: In-depth analysis of interest rate and currency risk.
– Dolphin: Able and ready to jump high and swim elegantly through volatile waters of complexity.
Summing up – social, intense, good fun
- An experience. Over my already high expectations.
- Informative. Every day has result in a lot of new knowledge and insights.
- Social. I have met a lot of new people. All of them have been very friendly and eager to share their knowledge with us.
I can really recommend Nordea Market’s Summer Internship to anyone. It is a great opportunity to learn a lot, develop your network and of course have a lot of fun.
- Intense. Every day, I’ve walked out of the office with a head full of impressions and thoughts.
- Eye opening. I’ve been introduced to many new areas, and everyone have been super generous with sharing their knowledge and experiences.
- Job joy. I could tell that the people here really have fun at work.
I’ve had eight great weeks at Nordea Markets and I can recommend this internship to anyone who is curious about the financial sector, no matter their level of previous experiences.
- Social. There isn’t many parts of the Stockholm trading floor where we don’t know anyone by now. Not only have we met people in a work context but also through going out together after work.
- Fun. I have had a lot of fun, both with colleagues and with the cases and tasks that we’ve been given.
- Challenging. The cases and tasks we have been given have been challenging on all desks, which made solving and presenting our solution very satisfying each time.
These seven weeks at Nordea Markets have been a great experience. My expectations for the internship have been more than fulfilled. I have learned tons about many different markets, gained a great perspective of what the bank does, and I have gotten to know a lot of both go-getting and smart people.
Thank you for a great experience!
The three Swedish summer interns have been up to a lot during this summer and we have been able to follow their journey – read about their previous weeks: “Three busy weeks, three new desks & loads of learning”, “Zooming in on FX, talking kiwi, cable, aussie lingo…”
The information provided within this website is intended for background information only. The views and other information provided herein are the current views of Nordea Markets as of the date of publication and are subject to change without notice. The information provided within this website is not an exhaustive description of the described product or the risks related to it, and it should not be relied on as such, nor is it a substitute for the judgement of the recipient.
The information provided within this website is not intended to constitute and does not constitute investment advice nor is the information intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument. The information provided within this website has no regard to the specific investment objectives, the financial situation or particular needs of any particular recipient. Relevant and specific professional advice should always be obtained before making any investment or credit decision. It is important to note that past performance is not indicative of future results.
Nordea Markets is not and does not purport to be an adviser as to legal, taxation, accounting or regulatory matters in any jurisdiction.
The information provided within this website may not be reproduced, distributed or published for any purpose without the prior written consent from Nordea Markets.