Today, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) updated its Questions & Answers (Q&A) guidance on data reporting under the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive and Regulation (MiFID II). The update includes a number of questions which specifically clarify:
- Date and time of the request of admission and admission;
- Instrument identification code and underlying instrument code;
- Maturity date;
- Classification of Financial Instruments (CFI) and Financial Instrument Short Name (FISN);
- Request for admission to trading by issuer; and
- Base Point Spread of the index/benchmark of a floating rate bond.